fat leaf allium
- Allium F1 is both a beautiful and a delicious patio or garden perennial.
- When it flowers in July for about 7 weeks, the plant attracts a wide variety of butterflies, bumble bees and other flower loving insects.
- The edible cut flowers have a vase life of up to 3 weeks.
- But that’s not all: the plant’s tender leaves have an excellent onion- garlic taste and make the ideal addition to salads.
- The leaves are thick and wax coated which allows them to be stored easily. Continuous leaf growth till late Fall.
Growing Allium Quattro
• Crop time from sowing to a salable plant is 8-9 months
• Planting young plants in May or June
• A rootstock allows the plant to survive drought and frost easily